Friday, September 28, 2012

TGIF, wait I have every Friday off!

Thursday I had one class because my second one was cancelled, and I then got home went for a run and got a salad that I love from Locanda! Oh yea, I went to lunch at the cafeteria and this is what I had:
It was pesto pasta, quesadillas, and carrots and string beans! That night I began reading 50 shades of grey and could not put the book down until 3 am, at that point I knew I had to go to sleep or else I would be up all night. I am currently on pg. 290! 


Today, Friday, I have no classes, and I don't have any Friday that I am in Italy! How exciting?! Well instead of going to classes today, Rachael and I got to finally pick up my METRO card! YAY! I don't think you know how happy I am to get that little piece of plastic! It is going to save me hundreds of dollars on transportation, and it only took them a month to get it to me! Anywho, after that, we went to the Duomo, the big, old church here in Milan. We walked down some pretty nice streets and got a little lost only to find ourselves in the most amazing park ever that Rachael has been to before, so we were not lost! This park was breath-taking and it was right next to a castle! My favorite!!! Here are some pictures since words cannot explain this place:

streets surrounding the Duomo

A pinocchio store, its funny because I am currently reading this in my Italian storytelling class!

A big horse statue, thought of you Meshul!

The castle!

And the fountain in front of it!

Love it!

Inside the castle square!



How beautiful is this!


The entry/exit way

Look! I spotted a cat in the moat!

The amazing park!


And me in it!

Part of the castle




It was such a gorgeous day!



And some leaves are even changing! Just like Vermont!





This is where the moat used to be to keep intruders out of the castle, but now its just really green grass!

I spotted another cat! The king and queen must love cats :P

After we had a long day of walking and searching for concert tickets, we decided we had enough of the Italian lifestyle of shopping, eating, walking, and more shopping, so we went home. We grabbed some bags and went out to the grocery store. When we got back, I was famished and made some dinner. I made pasta with oil, garlic, onions, zucchini, and cheese. To top it off I had some homemade sangria with it! It was so good, maybe because I was so hungry or maybe I am getting good at this cooking thing!?


Yum! After my tunny was full, I figured my brain needed to be as well so I kept reading Pinocchio that is due on Monday. I am on pg. 143 out of 192, so I am almost there, and surprisingly my brain isn't exploding. It is actually a very intriguing novel, quite scary to think that parents read this book to their little children! Anyway, I thought I could use blogging as a distraction from reading, but I know I have to get back to it! How else will I get a good job in the future? :) I will tell you all about my day tomorrow because you all know where I will be at....the FLEA MARKET!

“What's meant to be will always find a way.” 

Until Tomorrow,
<3 Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment