Monday, September 24, 2012

First Day of Classes

Today was the first day of classes. My friends and I were going to walk to school today but it decided to rain today, oh well, there goes more of my money to the metro! We got to school, and I had my first class which is sociology, its called reading Milan and Italian cities. I have a feeling this class is going to be super fun because our teacher is super nice and cool, and we get to do a lot of observations outside of the classroom. Then I rushed down to my next class because my classes are one right after another. The next one is called Creative Italian Storytelling and this class is going to be a lot of literature and film. I kept thinking about Erik because my professor said she worked in LA at Universal Studios for a while, which is where Erik is interning right now. ERIK...I am going to come back from Italy knowing more about film than you do! Watch out! The class ended and again I went over to my last class, The Great Age of Italian Cities. This class was not as good as my first two and I decided after about 10 minutes of sitting their confused as heck looking like a deer in headlights that I was going to drop this class. Sorry but history is not my strong suit.

After classes, Adrienne and I waited around campus to get dinner which opened at 7. The cafeteria was dead, there was maybe 4 other people there. It was pretty weird considering lunch is a mad house there. I forgot to take a picture because I was soooo hungry, but I had baked risotto with chicken and zucchini with a dessert of mixed fruit! It was amazing, but I did not expect anything less than that. We got home and I checked my mail and all that fun stuff. I kept telling myself to go do a workout, but my body said no. So instead I showered and got ready for tomorrow. I am meeting with a mom who needs a babysitter and someone to speak English with their 5 year old son, which is perfect for me! So wish me luck, I am nervous and excited to meet her and to see what the job entails. She even told me that I could travel with them outside of Milan on the weekends to the countryside, which should be nice to see how a true Italian family lives and spends their weekends. I will let you know how that goes, but now I am going to watch a show and get to sleep. Sorry that there were no pictures today, I will try to be good and take some tomorrow! But for your pleasure, here are some more photos from Switzerland yesterday:








Love, hugs, and kisses all the way from Italy!

"Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness."

Night,
<3 Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment