Monday, September 3, 2012

Ciao Italia!










After 8 and a half long hours, 3 trips to the bathroom, 2 plane meals, and an endless amount of excitement, I made it to Milan! The flight was surprisingly decent. I met an Italian girl sitting next to me named Georgia. She was 28 years old, and she just came back from studying English in the U.S. for 3 weeks. Let me tell you, her English was amazing for never knowing any before she took the English class. Lets just pray that happens with me when I take my 3 week pre-semester Italian language and culture course. Although she told me that Italian is a really hard language to learn, great news for me. But anyway, she took me under her wing and showed me how to go through customs and where to go for baggage claim! She was a very kind soul, and I am really glad that my first encounter with an Italian was with her.

I then met some kids from the same program I was in, and we stuck together to wait for our MIL service pick-up. They were both really friendly and kind, one was from Las Vegas and the other was from Hawaii!! We then got picked up by our shuttle and we got in a big van (we needed it with all the luggage we had) where a really funny, sweet, and outgoing young lady, Roberta, told us lots and lots of info and we signed some papers, and bam, we were on our way to our apartments. I got to see some other ones before we got to mine and they are all so cute! When we got to my apartment, I was the first one here and I got to choose which room I wanted. And I chose this one: (left is the room and right is the main corridor leading out to stairs)


Above to the left is one of our bathrooms, and above to right is my closet and all the 50 pounds of clothes I packed, it looks like nothing!

This is our living area, and that window is a beautiful balcony.

This is the second of our bathroooms, it even has a beday!

After that, I was all lonely being the only one in the apartment, so I took a quick nap and waited for my roommates to show up. Thank goodness they did because the guy then told us how to fix the internet so I was finally able to call my mom and tell her I was here!!
When my roomie showed up we went to la corso buenos aires and it was awesome. It is a long long long strip of cafes, bars, pharmacies, and anything else you may need. We found a grocery store and I got yogurt, bread, nutella, oranges, powerade and a peach for all 4.55 euro! We will be going to that supermarket again!

Then we got back to the apartment and did our own things, I worked out and showered and now I am blogging, and getting very tired from this long day...I will be sure to keep you posted on everything else. Tomorrow is orientation, so I have to be up bright and early for that! So far everything is fine, and I hope everything is well with everyone else too!

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang

<3 Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment