Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lake Como

Today we got up early to go to lake Como and since I took so many pictures I figured I would tell the story in a picture book:

Got there!

Saw the lake!

Took a whole bunch of pictures!

Saw a swan!
Got our tickets for the sky ride!

This is what it looked like.

And this is what we rode up on!

Saw some amazing villas on the way up

And this is the view from the top

And saw this little shop! I have one of these in my room!!

We were not prepared for what was going to happen next!

A long & VERY STEEP trek up the moutain!

And it was all on cobblestone. Thank goodness I wore sneakers because one girl wore wedges! OY!

The torturous and sweaty trek lead us to this!

I think it was well worth it!

You could see the whole town from up here

I think I even saw George Clooney!

We were very happy when we got to the top.

We hung out!


Ate some fruit!

And even met George Clooney!

We then trekked up higher to the top of a lighthouse!

And this was the view from the tippy top

Quite breathtaking literally and figuratively!

Its amazing what you can see from the top, and we worked hard to get there!

So we made our way back down the stairs

And onto a balcony! Thats me!

Finally, we were able to eat! We had polenta, a unique italian dish.

I got tomato and cheese polenta and it was yummy!

And for dessert, I had biscottis and cream!

We made our way down, which was quicker but still almost as hard as getting up!

We walked around a path, and this view was amazing and reminded me of VT!

All the mountains and picture perfect landscape engulfed us! 

Many hidden surprises too!

And me happy to be there!

A wedding convention was there

and we saw this amazing cake!

And finally after all the walking and back aches, we made our way home, I made dinner (which I will post a picture tomorrow), and skyped with the family! YAY! anyway I am getting a cold and should rest, so goodnight and I will blog more tomorow!

"Love makes the heart grow fond."

Night,
<3 Lauren







No comments:

Post a Comment