Thursday, September 20, 2012

Finals Day Eve

Today in class we reviewed for our final that is tomorrow! AH, I cannot believe that three weeks have gone by and that my Italian class will be over! UGH, if it goes this fast the whole time I am here, I will not have time to think! After class  I got lunch, but no picture of it today, sorry I was so hungry, I did not even think about taking a picture and by the time I did, it was all gone. OOPS. But I had gnocchi ragu, zucchini, and an omelet! Yum, I also got 2 kiwi with it, but brought those home because I was stuffed.  After lunch, Adrienne and I went food shopping at a new grocery store only to find out after shopping for 40 minutes that they do not accept our tickets there, so I just paid with my euro. It was not too much anyway and I felt bad for the lady because after ringing us out and realizing we wanted to use the ticket plus the fact that she couldn't really understand what we were saying, it was just a hot mess and the people behind us were starting to have smoke come out of their ears and I did not want to mess with any frustrated Italians.

So I got my stuff, and then when I got home, I dropped my stuff and went to the grocery store that I usually go to and got some more stuff that I actually needed. I got a lot of stuff, all for 17 euro, which I was able to use my tickets on, and it worked out and we learned that we are mow committed to the grocery store we usually go to because they have a lot to offer and cheaper prices. See what I am learning mom and dad, how to be a smart shopper! I love it!

When I got home I unpacked everything and made some "sangria". It was white wine with fruits in it.

There is Adrienne in my drink!

I just liked eating the fruits after!

I studied and studied some more and finished up my final group presentation. Then I cooked some dinner and Adrienne ended up making this amazing honey roasted peach cream dessert with almonds and I almost died it was so good!

My dinner: fresh garlic bread pizza, with mixed veggies!

And this was the mouth watering dessert!

I want someee more!

Anyway after that, I felt like I needed some exercise and since I am feeling a lot better, I did a quick, short workout not to push myself too hard and then showered. I am going to study some more now and go to sleep to get some rest for my test! I just rhymed! Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow! Love you all! 

"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."

Ciao,
Lauren



1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks like everything is going smoothly and too fast!!! Lauren, the food you prepare looks mouth watering. The picture of
    Adrienne in the Sangria glass was very original, did it just happen or you set it up that way? Anyway, love to see all that you are experiencing. Wish I were there but know that you are a very independent young lady. Miss and love you!!

    ReplyDelete